October 5, 2006 6:51 AM
Types Of Credit Card Fees: More Than You Can Imagine
A long list from Federal Reserve on how many types of fees credit card issuers normally assess.
From Federal Reserve:
Most credit cards charge fees under certain circumstances:
– Annual fee (sometimes billed monthly). Charged for having the card
– Cash advance fee. Charged when you use the card for a cash advance; may be a flat fee (for example, $3.00) or a percentage of the cash advance (for example, 3%)
– Balance-transfer fee. Charged when you transfer a balance from another credit card (Your credit card company may send you “checks” to pay off the other card. The balance is transferred when you use one of these checks to pay the amount due on the other card.)
– Late-payment fee. Charged if your payment is received after the due date
– Over-the-credit-limit fee. Charged if you go over your credit limit
– Credit-limit-increase fee. Charged if you ask for an increase in your credit limit
– Set-up fee. Charged when a new credit card account is opened
– Return-item fee. Charged if you pay your bill by check and the check is returned for non-sufficient funds (that is, your check bounces)
– Other fees. Some credit card companies charge a fee if you pay by telephone (that is, if you arrange by phone for payment to be transferred from your bank to the company) or to cover the costs of reporting to credit bureaus, reviewing your account, or providing other customer services. Read the information in your credit card agreement to see if there are other fees and charges.
01/31/07 | When It Is OK To Use Credit Card To Pay Off Home Equity Loan
01/09/07 | How To Negotiate A Lower Credit Card Rate
01/02/07 | 2007 Credit Card Trends
11/15/06 | Featured Card: Citi Driver’s Edge Platinum Select Card
10/27/06 | OptionXpress Offers Affiliated Credit Card
10/27/06 | American Express Launches Event Ticket Protection Plan
10/22/06 | How To Close Credit Card Properly?
10/20/06 | Kiplinger: Best Credit Card Choice In Every Category
10/20/06 | How Corporate Credit Card Can Hurt Your Credit Score
10/14/06 | How Many Credit Cards Should You Have?
10/11/06 | Credit FAQ: Who Can Look at Your Credit Report?
10/11/06 | Credit FAQ: What Information Is Included In A Credit Report?
10/11/06 | Credit FAQ: What Is Promotional Inquiry?
10/11/06 | Credit FAQ: What Is Security Freeze?
10/11/06 | Credit FAQ: What Is Soft Inquiry?
10/11/06 | Credit FAQ: What Is Loan-to-Value Ratio (LTV)?
10/11/06 | Credit FAQ: What Is A Hard Inquiry?
10/11/06 | Credit FAQ: What Is Fraud Alert?
10/11/06 | Credit FAQ: What Is Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA)?
10/11/06 | Credit FAQ: What Is Fair Credit Reporting Act?
10/11/06 | Credit FAQ: What Is Credit Reporting Company?
10/11/06 | Credit FAQ: What Is Co-Signer?
10/10/06 | Key Benefits Of Frequent Flier Credit Cards
10/10/06 | Things To Look For In Student Credit Cards
10/10/06 | What’s The Difference Between Unsecured And Secured Credit Card?
10/10/06 | Use Secured Credit Card To Establish Good Credit History
10/10/06 | How To Rebuild Poor Credit? Things To Do And Not To Do
10/06/06 | Credit Card Delinquency At Its Lowest Since 1994
10/06/06 | GE Retail Consumer Finance Issues ShopNBC MasterCard
10/05/06 | One Card, Multiple APRs
10/05/06 | How Long Is The Credit Card Grace Period?
10/05/06 | How Can I Improve My Credit Score?
10/05/06 | Credit FAQ: What Is A Good Insurance Credit Score?
10/05/06 | What Is “Credit Scoring”?
10/05/06 | How Many Credit Cards Do You Really Need?
10/03/06 | Good Credit Behavior Has Long Shelf Life
10/02/06 | Now All Secured Cards Help Credit Rebuilding
10/02/06 | Paying Back Credit card Balance In Small Chunks Does Not Help Credit Score
10/01/06 | Credit FAQ: What Is Garnishment?
10/01/06 | Credit FAQ: What Is Obsolete Information?
10/01/06 | Credit FAQ: What Is FICO Score?
10/01/06 | Credit FAQ: What Is Discretionary Income?
10/01/06 | Credit FAQ: What Is Credit File?
09/28/06 | Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard
09/25/06 | How Is VantageScore Determined?
09/25/06 | How To Dispute A Credit Card Charge?
09/21/06 | Credit FAQ: What Is Cash Advance?
09/21/06 | Credit FAQ: What Are Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS)?
09/20/06 | Featured Card: Citi mtvU Visa Card for College Students
09/20/06 | Featured Card: Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express
09/20/06 | Featured Card: Discover Platinum Clear Card
09/20/06 | Featured Card: American Express Blue Cash for Business Credit Card
09/19/06 | Merchant-Specific Credit Card Reward Gets Trendy
09/15/06 | Walmart To Enter China’s Credit Card Market
09/14/06 | Why Credit Scores Are Important
09/14/06 | How to Raise Your Credit Score
09/13/06 | What Should You Do If Your Credit Card Is Lost Or Stolen?
09/13/06 | Should You Sign On The Back of Your Credit Card?
09/13/06 | Use Credit Card To Make Downpayment
09/12/06 | How To Use A Credit Card To Establish Good Credit?
09/11/06 | New MasterCard Aims For The Riches
09/08/06 | Bad Credit Can Cost You A Dream Job
09/05/06 | How Can You Manage Your Credit Wisely?
09/04/06 | Alarming Credit-Card Tricks #1 – Applying for a Mortgage? We’ll Bump Up Your APR
09/04/06 | Earn 20%, Guaranteed
09/04/06 | The Best Cash-Back Credit Cards
09/04/06 | How To Maximize Your Credit Card Rewards
09/04/06 | What Is Two-Cycle Billing?
08/29/06 | Pay The Minimum On Credit Card Bills Will Cost You (A Lot)
08/26/06 | Credit Card Protection Plan? Better Not!
08/23/06 | SmartMoney: 10 Things Your Credit Card Company Won’t Tell You
08/22/06 | Citigroup Reduces Cashback Incentive
08/21/06 | Featured Card: One from American Express
08/21/06 | Featured Card: CitiBusiness PremierPass Card
08/20/06 | Credit Card Sales is Growing Rapidly
08/15/06 | Credit Card May Be Refused in the UK
08/14/06 | Contactless Payments
08/14/06 | Reward Plan Downgrade at Amex
08/14/06 | 4 Ways to Snag the Best Reward Card